A mad frenzied attempt at eco dyeing. It all started when I was busy making blackcurrant jelly, once the mash has been squeezed of all the juice, generally I just put it in the compost and keep going with the jelly making process. But this year I had a bumper crop of fruit so I made the jelly in two batches. When I looked at all the mash I thought I could use this for dyeing or at least try it out and see what happens. So these are the results.
I used cotton fabrics and alum mordant for some and not others,old steel fire pokers and a mixture of chopped up burdock and dandelion leaves in rain water, plus the blackcurrant mash!
Posted on 20/08/2012, in General and tagged blackcurrants, cotton fabric, cotton fabrics, eco dyeing, fire pokers, food, jelly, old steel, rain water, woolbrain. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.